An introduction to distributed databases
Instructor: Adron Hall
Introducing Riak, a database designed to survive the Zombie Plague. Riak Architecture & 5 Minute History of Riak, and planning for the apocolypse.
Architecture deep dive:
- Consistent Hashing, managing to track changes when your kill zone is littered with Zombies.
- Intelligent Replication, managing your data against each of your bunkers.
- Data Re-distribution, sometimes they overtake a bunker, how your data is re-distributed.
- Short Erlang Introduction, a language fit for managing post-civil society.
- Installing Riak on...
- Ubuntu, RHEL & the Linux Variety.
- OS-X, the only user centered computers to survive the apocolypse.
- From source, maintained and modernized for humanities survival.
- Upgrading Riak, when a bunker is retaken from the zomibes, it's time to update your Riak.
- Devrel - A developer's machine w/ Riak - how to manage without zombie bunkers.
- 5 nodes, a basic cluster
- Operating Riak
- Starting, stopping, and restarting
- Scaling up & out
- Managing uptime & data integrity
Accessing & writing data
- Polyglot client libraries
- C#/.NET & Java for the zombie creating corporations.
- Others, for those trying to just survive the zombie apocolypse.